YOUR ONE-STOP SHOP FOR DUPLEX, SUPER DUPLEX & NICKEL ALLOYS
A Ball valve is a quarter-turn rotational motion valve that uses a ball-shaped disk to stop or start flow. If the valve is opened, the ball rotates to a point where the hole through the ball is in line with the valve body inlet and outlet. If the valve is closed, the ball is rotated so that the hole is perpendicular to the flow openings of the valve body and the flow is stopped.
By rotating the ball a quarter turn (90 degrees) around its axis, the medium can flow through or is blocked. They are characterized by a long service life and provide a reliable sealing over the life span, even when the valve is not in use for a long time. As a result, they are more popular as a shut-off valve then for example the gate valve. Moreover, they are more resistant against contaminated media than most other types of valves.
Advantages Of Ball Valves :-
- Quick quarter turn on-off operation
- Tight sealing with low torque
- Smaller in size than most other valves
Disadvantages Of Ball Valves:-
- Conventional Ball valves have poor throttling properties
- In slurry or other applications, the suspended particles can settle and become trapped in body cavities causing wear, leakage, or valve failure.